Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

my mistake

by John at 6/03/2004 04:39:00 PM

Remember this post (from 2/10/04)? I said:
I know why Tenet still has his job - you can only ask a man to fall on his sword once. Tenet is going to fall on his in October if things still aren't looking good for Bush.

Well, I was wrong. He fell on his sword in June, but at a very politically useful time. Who thought it would look so bad for the Bush admin this early in the summer? (Plame Grand Jury; Chalabi thief, liar, and spy; total failure of Iraq policy; Halliburton email; 9/11 commission; Abu Ghraib; Kerry's position in battle-ground states; biking accident. Did I forget something?) I'm not saying I'm smart or anything, but I'm smarter than Bill O'Reilly. If I was wrong about the timing, it was because I overestimated Bush and his boys.

« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

Blogger John said at 5:12 PM

Oh yeah - I forgot about the Taliban re-emergence in Afganistan.    



Blogger Bill said at 12:37 PM

You're just trying to see if Jeff's still reading this aren't you.    



Blogger John said at 1:20 PM

You think I am being deliberatively provocative? Maybe so.

In any case, Jeff has shown remarkable patience with my shenanigans. It is nice too see that at least one of us is acting like a grownup. I hope one day to join that particular club. (Here is where an auto-smiley would be nice, but instead, I'll just do this :^) )    



» Post a Comment