Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

summer work

by Bill at 5/25/2004 06:36:00 PM

It looks like a go...this summer I will be leaving my new job for a few weeks (at a family practice clinic in Woodinville, a suburb of Seattle) to go on a research vessel to the gulf of Alaska. No I won't be doing any research, I will the medical officer for the vessel. Five weeks in the open ocean, they told me we will be too far away from land to see anything, but occassionally gray whales can be seen riding the bow like dolphins. We will also be too far way for helicopter service, so hopefully there won't be any major medical emergencies! I'll let you know how things go, I should have intermittent internet access while onboard. The research vessel is a joint operation from John Hopkins and the University of Washington, keep and eye open for me on the discovery channel, I'll be the guy in the background looking confused.

M/V Independence.

« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

» Post a Comment