Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

when we were young

by John at 6/07/2004 09:35:00 AM

This weekend, I did my best to avoid the gauzy tributes and retrospectives, unnecessarily filmed through the vaseline-smeared lens of time, nostalgia, and hero worship. No, of course I'm not talking about D-Day, where there actually were some heroes.

So here's my tribute to "Insane Anglo Warlord", straight from 1985. Thanks for the memories mess.

Oh, you've got no reason and you've got no sense
Your stupid logic just makes me wince
Your face is twisted and your mind is warped
You scare me senseless I just want to get out


Go ahead and dance.

P.S. That's an actual screencap of www.georgewbush.com "The Official Re-election Site for President George W. Bush". Way to exploit the death of your hero for political purposes, you ass.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

Blogger Bill said at 12:40 PM

Gosh I love that song, oh the memories... Most will recall that I have no love for Reagan, heck I was even in a band called Reagan Hates Us!, (that was the one with Art Biggs), and yes Jeff, I realize that Reagan in all likelihood had no opinion of me or my band mates.
I didn't like his policies or his rose tinted view of America's greatness, I do think America is great but probably not for the same reasons as the newly dearly departed ex-president.
I am struck in a bit of reflection though (reflection can be fostered by avoiding all news channels). It seems to me that at least Reagan believed in something, he believed that his conservative approach to world politics and the econmy would restore America to greatness. Even if I don't agree, you have to grant some respect in comparison to the present conservatives in charge who appear to have no belief system at all outside of using power to increase their wealth and lying to/dicking over the populace at every opportunity.
Of course this could all just be some sort of internal nostalgia for the militancy of youth, when the world was black and white, or maybe not...

Camper Van Beethoven "Sweethearts"

’cause he’s always living back in dixon
Circa 1949
And we’re all sitting at the fountain, at the five and dime
’cause he’s living in some b-movie
The lines they are so clearly drawn
In black and white life is so easy
And we’re all coming along on this one
’cause he’s on a secret mission
Headquarters just radioed in
He left his baby at the dancehall
While the band plays on some sweet song
And on a mission over china
The lady opens up her arms
The flowers bloom where you haved placed them
And the lady smiles, just like mom
Angels wings are icing over
Mcdonnell-douglas olive drab
They bear the names of our sweethearts
And the captain smiles, as we crash
’cause in the mind of ronald reagan
Wheels they turn and gears they grind
Buildings collapse in slow motion
And trains collide, everything is fine
Everything is fine
Everything is fine    



» Post a Comment