Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

trying to make it up

by John at 5/09/2005 01:03:00 PM

I was going to write a bit about the empirical evidence showing that the economy does better under Democratic Presidents than Republican Presidents, to make up for the lack of posts over the last week. But I just don't have it in me. So sorry.

The problem is three-fold:
1) I'm feeling just a little burned out about politics. Yes, things are just as bad as I thought they'd be, but let me tell you, as cool as it may sound, it's no fun being right all the time.
2) I've been feeling kind of wiped lately and as much as you probably want to hear about the big scrapwood bonfire I made Saturday morning or the kind of bracket I'm thinking of using to secure a bookcase to a wall, 2a) I just don't have the desire to write about it and 2b) I fear becoming a narcissistic online-diarist obsessed with minutiae*, and who the hell wants to read about my inner-most thoughts and secrets anyway?
3) We just don't talk anymore.** Now, I like to think this is because 3a) there's nothing controversial for us to fight over since we all seem to agree on everything*** but more likely it is because 3b) the stuff I write is actually very, very boring and 3c) you have better things to do with your time.

So, fellow contributors, please step up and help me out. Does anyone else have something (or anything) to say?

-----
* instead of just a narcissist obsessed with minutiae
** except for this post
*** except for Johann, who thought HHGttG was a mess.

« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

» Post a Comment