Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

don't panic

by John at 4/30/2005 07:04:00 PM


That's right, we just got back from "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and it wasn't that bad! The characters are a little flat and it's not as funny as it could be. While the plot isn't rushed, they did skip over some of the funniest Guide bits (to get it down to two hours, I guess). Nonetheless, I laughed out loud a few times. All in all it was a pretty good interpretation of the the story. Fanboy that I am, I have to admit I got chills when they finally, finally played the theme music ("Journey of the Sorceror")!

Props to Alan Rickman/Warwick Davis as Marvin and Sam Rockwell (aka Guy Fleegman) as Zaphod, and the Magrathean planet factory. Watch for the BBC TV Marvin and Douglas Adams head (twice, I think).

Update: Check your TV listings! Our PBS staton is repeating the original BBC TV episodes tonight.

« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

» Post a Comment