Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

happy unbirthday!

by John at 4/27/2005 04:02:00 PM

So, yesterday Wendy gave me two cool presents, even though it wasn't my birthday. I think she did it because either 1) I am awesome or 2) I was up between 3 and 6 yesterday morning because Goose woke me up with his persistent cough and then I was so upset I couldn't get back to sleep. (Why do I get angry at Bordetella Bronchiseptica? They have nothing against me.)

The presents were Grandaddy's Sumday and Ben Folds' Songs For Silverman (which just dropped yesterday, to use the kids' lingo).

Sumday sounds more like The Sophtware Slump than I expected after reading online reviews, for which I am grateful. I think the tone of the album is a little less techno-dystopian, and a little more optimistic.

Songs For Silverman sounds like Ben Folds, which means it sounds good and you are getting what you expected. "Landed" is the one getting a tiny bit of airplay on your better radio stations - is it the flip side to "Don't Change Your Plans"? Now do we really know why he left California?

Any other good albums or artists I should be looking for? Which ones do you want for a surprise present?
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

» Post a Comment