Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

it's fun to pretend

by John at 4/15/2005 12:53:00 PM

I saw some photos on BoingBoing of the "Minutemen" (I'm sure you've heard of these guys) who are protecting Arizona from the scourge of illegal dishwashers, agricultural workers, and housecleaners that are pouring over our border with Mexico every day.

Anyway, looking at the photos reminded me of a summer when I was about 12 and my friends and I would play Army, running up and down Little Dry Creek for hours, shouting the cadence from "Stripes" - "Aaaarmy training, sir!" Those were fun days, in the hot sun and cold water, and I wouldn't give them up for anything. But, too soon from where I sit now, other things started to seem more important, and we grew out of it pretty fast.

Some lucky people never do, I guess.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

» Post a Comment