Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

live in fear, but survive in luxury

by John at 1/12/2005 08:44:00 AM

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Two private U.S. companies have designs on building the first luxury recreational vehicle that could withstand nuclear radiation.

Parliament Coach Corp., a privately held company in Clearwater, Florida, which converts Prevost buses into high-end RVs, has partnered with Homeland Defense Vehicles to offer consumers a luxury motor coach that can protect occupants against nuclear radiation from dirty bombs as well as biological and chemical attacks.

The idea is to offer the option on the pricey vehicles to consumers worried about terror attacks, officials for both companies said Tuesday.

"Many people enjoy the RV lifestyle, but we also live in an era when people have some level of fear about terrorism," Parliament Chief Executive Harvey Mitchell said in a statement. "These concerns about terrorism are linked to states where people with RVs like to travel."

(more here)


Preview photo of Parliament's luxury RV in combat configuration.


A family enjoys their trip through apocalypic wastelands in Homeland Defense's "Bad Boy HMT."


« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

Blogger John said at 1:14 PM

My condolences on your injury. I can only imagine what kind of freak accident might have broken all five fingers on both of your hands, but I hope you get better soon.

I mean, that is why you aren't commenting on this post, right? C'mon! The EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle from Stripes and the Landmaster from Damnation Alley (aka Paperboy 2000 from "Get a Life") substituting for two real-life overpriced, unnecessary toys for paranoid multi-millionaires? That's comedy gold.

If you can somehow manage to type out "LOL" with your nose, I'd still appreciate it. Thanks! :^)    



Blogger Wendy said at 3:06 PM

0olo

(My actual attempt to type 'LOL' with my nose. I'm glad nobody walked by my office while I was doing that. Maybe it would help if I had a more prominent European nose instead of this flat Asian one)    



Blogger Bill said at 4:20 PM

Are you feeling lonely John? Actually I was going to type out "That's one 'mean, lean, fighting machine!'", but does it have blue interior lights? Next I will try to type out LOL with my prominent nose, wish me luck. lolo (not bad really)    



Blogger John said at 5:41 PM

Lonely? Oh God, am I lonely! Each and every keystroke is little more than a pathetic cry for attention.

So, lonely, yes. Plus I'm bored and avoiding a deadline.    



» Post a Comment