Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

world question center

by John at 1/05/2005 11:20:00 AM

Every year, Edge asks some scientists and other thinkers a question, and records their responses.

This year's question is "What do you believe even though you cannot prove it?"

The answers range from the technical (mathematical conjectures, anthropological evidence of human expansion, the genetic origins of autism) to the mundane (cell phone radiation does not cause cancer) to the Big Three (Life! The Universe! And Everything!).

I believe many things that I cannot prove. For instance, I believe that there is no reproducible output pattern for the optimization problem I am working on, even given inputs within a defined range. I also believe that human morality is a result of our physiological and social evolution.

What do you believe even though you cannot prove it?

« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

Blogger Bill said at 4:46 PM

I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way, show them all the beauty they posses in side...Actually believe that living things have a soul, or a consciousness separate from their physical selves...give them a sense of pride to make it easier, let the children's laughter remind us of how it used to be. I REMEMBER LONG AGO...    



Blogger Wendy said at 9:49 PM

I believe that hotel carpets and bedspreads are teeming with fungus and bacteria.

I believe that we're having a boy.    



» Post a Comment