Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

the kleptones

by John at 1/07/2005 10:35:00 AM

Mashups are old news.

I know I came into the game late, but for a long time, I never heard a mashup that was really good.

But when I heard there was a mashup using The Flaming Lips' "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" (one of the best albums of 2002, even though I didn't hear it until 2003) I had to check it out. The album length mashup is by The Kleptones and is called "Yoshimi Battles the Hip Hop Robots." It is, predictably enough, a mash of various Hip Hop songs and "YBtPR" - the thing is, unlike most mashups, it isn't clumsy or forced - it is brilliant. And I'm no Hip Hop fan.

Last summer, The Kleptones put out another album length mashup called "A Night At The Hip-Hopera," which is a mash of Queen songs and, yes, Hip Hop (along with other samples). I finally downloaded it last night, and I am rocking out to it right now in corporately approved fashion (e.g. at low volume, in my seat, foot tapping, with little or no waving my hands in the air like I just don't care).

Check it out.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

» Post a Comment