Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

firefox

by John at 6/30/2004 03:04:00 PM

Recently, I started using Firefox, Mozilla's stripped down and souped up browser. I've been a Mozilla browser user for a long time, but I felt that Opera was just a step ahead. However, having three or four different browsers on my computer seemed like a waste, so when I got my new laptop at work, I just used Netscape 7.1 (which is basically Mozilla with a Netscape brand) and IE 6.0 (when I had to, because some stupid work apps like our expense reporting wouldn't work with anything else), both of which were pre-installed by our IT guys.

But like I said, I recently started using Firefox instead of Netscape. Succinctly, it rocks! It's like a combination of the best parts of Mozilla and Opera. The best thing about it, though, might be the excellent Firefox logo, shown above. I like just having it on my desktop! Of course, Firefox also has all the things you expect a modern browser to have, like:

  • Popup blocking
  • Tabbed browsing
  • Smart search
  • Customizable privacy and security (with secure defaults)
  • Customizable toolbars and themes
  • Imports settings from other browsers
  • Small download (4.7Mb)

Why keep using a busted antique (cough cough, IE) if you don't have too?

Update: I was being patriotic and I didn't even know it!

U.S. Steers Consumers Away From IE
"The Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team touched off a storm this week when it recommended for security reasons using browsers other than Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer."

No thanks necessary, ma'am. I'm just doing my part to defend the nation against terror.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

» Post a Comment