Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

registration required?

by John at 4/06/2004 10:29:00 AM

Many online news sites require registration, and my recent experience is that the registration requirements are getting more intrusive than just username and email address (phone number? annual home income?). I appreciate that companies would like information about their customers for marketing purposes, but I would also like a little privacy.

Now to the point. I got this off a discussion thread over at Atrios' site:

Username mailinator and password mailinator work on just about everything. Sometimes a site asks for an email address whenever you login - then use mailinator@mailinator.com.

If the mailinator combo doesn't work then set it up. Use an email address at mailinator.com then surf to www.mailinator.com to pick up the registration details.


I tried it on a few sites and it worked. My guess is this won't last too long as these kind of accounts get deleted from user databases, so enjoy it while you can.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »