Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

in need of some new music

by John at 1/23/2006 12:58:00 PM

Robert Sapolsky wrote that the human brain has developed to avoid innovation as it ages. What this boils down to, among other things, is that 35-year-olds stop listening to new music and just keep listening to the same things they listened to in college. I am that 35-year-old. But I am sick of almost every album I own, and I want some new stuff.

I have $25 to spend at Amazon, and I need suggestions. I think I'm going to get Asobi Seksu (you can hear some of their tunes at their website) but I still have room for one more. What new (or new to me) bands are great?

(No, I don't have anything by The Arcade Fire yet).
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »