Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

Miyazaki

by John at 1/16/2006 08:09:00 AM

Sorry I haven't been posting with any kind of frequency lately.

I've kind of given up on politics and war for now1, and nothing else of much interest has popped up.

Well, maybe this: I've been watching Hayao Miyazaki2 films on TCM for the last couple of weeks (they are having a month-long Miyazaki festival), and I think he is over-rated. I first saw Spirited Away a couple years ago (after it was nominated for an Oscar) and I thought the animation was beautiful and the production design fantastic, but I wasn't impressed by the story. I rewatched it last week (I appreciated the story a bit more, this time), and now I've seen Princess Mononoke, NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind, and Castle in the Sky, too.

They are all okay3, but of the four I'd only recommend Castle in the Sky, and even that is a guarded recommendation.

Man-oh-man I am boring. Anyone want to see new pictures of Elias? I plan to post some tonight, so get your clicking finger ready.

-----

1. I haven't stopped reading or caring about politics and war, I just don't want to write about them.

2. Or Miyazaki Hayao (surname first).

3. For the anime nerds: Yes, I am sure they are much better in Japanese.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »