Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

Winter Blues

by Amy, Bill, Guillermo and Alma at 10/19/2004 09:27:00 PM

Kind of a weird question, but it looks like rain/dark/downright depressing winter has started a little early this year in Seattle. This means no light until April...in case you don't feel like counting, that's six months. Has anyone ever tried a
"natural alarm"? I've been checking them out, but I don't know anyone who has actually used one and can't imagine spending $80 for a VERY cheesy looking light!
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

Blogger Wendy said at 8:37 AM

I used to set a light on a timer to wake up each morning. It didn't get brighter gradually, like the natural alarm, it just turned the light on. I used it in conjunction with a buzzer alarm - the light would go on about 20 minutes before the buzzer would go off. It was nice to not be jolted awake in the pitch dark by the buzzer... my body at least had some advance warning that it was going to have to wake up soon. This didn't stop me from hitting the snooze button 10 times, but at least the initial shock of the buzzer was not as bad. Maybe you could try this low-tech natural alarm and see if it helps.    



Blogger Bill said at 11:49 AM

maybe on your side of the bed baby...    



Blogger Amy, Bill, Guillermo and Alma said at 1:23 PM

Thanks Wendy! Maybe I'll try that before going for the cheesy globe (and, yes, on my side o' the bed!).    



Blogger Bill said at 1:30 PM

I found this. Seems like a Seattle study confirmed the benefits of thge light source you describe, scroll down to treatment.    



» Post a Comment