Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

a reminder

by John at 7/16/2004 01:16:00 PM

I wrote this yesterday, after reading Hoagland's column in the Washington Post, which resonated with something I'd been thinking about for a few days. But I decided to shelve it, and lay off the bad news blogging for a little while.

Today I changed my mind, so here is yesterday's aborted post:

It seems we don't hear about it as much as we used to, or maybe we have just gotten used to it and we don't notice anymore. With the transfer of partial sovereignity to the Iraqi Interim Government, perhaps it is because it is now Somebody Else's Problem.

So, just in case you need a reminder or feel like maybe you should pay attention to the background noise, Today in Iraq keeps a daily update (except Thur and Fri) of the deadly, ongoing strife.

I changed my mind because I read "Don't forget the bodies: On losing count of the dead" by Jeff Sharlet at The Revealer. It is a reminder of who is paying for the consequences of our war. You can decide for yourselves who - if anyone - is responsible.

Useful links:
Iraqi Civilian War Casualties
Iraq Coalition Casualty Count
Iraq Body Count
Today in Iraq
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

» Post a Comment