Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

another interesting survey

by John at 7/22/2004 01:48:00 PM

I just took the Fire and Ice Survey. From the web page:
This survey assesses human social values by asking questions about your views of the world, and about your personal goals, wishes, hopes, dreams, and expectations. There are no right or wrong answers to questions such as these, so please be as honest and as complete as you can be when filling them out.

The survey is approximately 30 questions long and takes 10 to 12 minutes to complete. When you have finished it you will be positioned on our North American social values map and classified into the social values map quadrant you show the strongest similarity to. You will then be given a more detailed profile of that quadrant and have an opportunity to examine the values profiles of people from other quadrants as well.

This survey is a much shorter version of the standard one Environics uses to diagnose people's values and quadrant memberships, and so it has some error surrounding it. However, it successfully classifies users into their proper quadrants more than 8 times in 10, on average.

It's not a survey about one's political persuasion (except indirectly, based on how that might relate to one's social values). I won't give any more away, so I don't bias your results if you are interested in taking the survey.

Personally, I think these type of tests require great discipline in separating out how I think I am, how I want to be, and how I really am. Of course, these three things are not always the same, and I don't think I am consistent at making adequate distinctions between them, either. If I am like other people in this regard, this lack of discipline will be reflected in the test results, but if I am extraordinarily bad at it (or unexpectedly good at it) my results will be in error.

I won't tell you what my results are yet, because I'm still trying to avoid biasing you if you want to take the survey yourself. Also, I think the results are sufficiently differentiated to avoid the Forer effect, but you can judge that for yourselves.

Finally, If you want to know my results (maybe after taking the survey yourself, or because you don't care about possible bias) you can see them here.

« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

Blogger John said at 9:30 PM

Steve's result is here.    



Blogger John said at 1:52 PM

Here's Bill's result    



Blogger John said at 12:20 PM

Jeff's results.    



» Post a Comment