Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

The Revelation

by Anonymous at 7/30/2006 07:05:00 AM

Bizarre Dream of the Morning of July 30th, 2006

The Band
An ordinary 4 Piece Indie band metamorphoses into an air guitar act which is then replaced by more and more musicians, eventually turning into a fancy dress carnival parade with people from the past (including my youth pastor and his wife) interspersed with traditionally costumed blonde buxom girls who sing directly to individuals in the audience. The response is great, but afterwards, when the original band comes back and asks if anyone would like to buy a video of the event, no one does. The effect was too interactive for video to capture.

Johnny Rotten
shows up wearing paint splattered torn clothes and hassles shaved headed art school types wearing identical sacks with different designs painted in lime green. I start telling Johnny that he was mentioned in conversation earlier in regards to his Irish parents, but he drifts off to hassle more people.

The Ironic Clothes
appear, identical charcoal gray t-shirts stacked to the ceiling for display, the only difference between them being slightly different embossed designs on the chest. I ask the salesman what statement the shirts are making- Is it that the wearer must be aware of the irony of the designs trying to stamp individuality upon the sameness of the shirts, and also of the marketing savvy? * (I know I’m not explaining this correctly). The salesman admits they’re ironic shirts and may be difficult to sell. I recommend he wear one himself, but he says he’s too big.
Then I realize I’ve lost a few things…Panic sets in…

The Misplaced Library Items (Cause of The Nightmare)
I rush back to the library to see if I left my stuff there: A book on reggae, a pile of my own school journals, and other terribly important things that I can’t remember now. They’re there on a table, but when I try to gather them up, things start disappearing. More panic. I’m going to be late for dinner.

I wake up, shaken but relieved. Must write this down before I forget everything…


* T-shirt ideas that have just occurred to me: Knacker, Knackered, Scanger, Chav, Shallow, So Shallow
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »