Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

more help with new music

by John at 7/27/2006 08:31:00 PM

Once again I am asking for some musical suggestions, with a different twist. A couple of months ago I joined eMusic, a subscription music service. For a flat $10 fee every month, you can download 40 songs. The songs are in mp3 format, have no DRM, and will play on any computer or mp3 player. eMusic has mostly indie bands and back-catalog stuff, along with jazz and classical - they don't have as many songs as iTunes, but I haven't run out of things I want to buy yet either, and for about $3 an album, the price is low enough that I feel like it's OK to experiment with bands I haven't heard much of before.

What I'm asking is for you to go to eMusic.com and see if some of your favorite bands and albums are on eMusic. If they are, suggest them to me and I'll add them to my list and download them when I get a chance.

Also, after looking around, if you feel like you want to join eMusic, don't do it. First, let me know and I will send you an email. If you join on my referral, I get 50 free songs (if you actually buy a one month subscription) and you get 25 free songs. It's a good deal for both of us.

Thanks!

(Right now on my list I have:
Let's Get Out of This Country, Camera Obscura
Honeycomb, Frank Black
Elan Vital, Pretty Girls Make Graves
Surfer Rosa/Come on Pilgrim, The Pixies
How We Operate, Gomez)

Update: If you were getting a sign up screen when you followed the link to eMusic, I think I fixed it so you can just browse/search for songs directly.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »