Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

blown away (in a good way?)

by John at 3/31/2006 09:08:00 PM

Oh, man.

Today I got some new CDs from Amazon. Among them was an EP from The Long Winters, Ultimatum. The first track is called "The Commander Thinks Aloud" and as it played, I thought it was a clever and evocative song, with a cool spacey theme. Then, when I heard the second to last line of the song, it sucked the breath right out of me and sent shivers down my arms.

I don't know, maybe you won't feel the same way when you realize who the Commander is. But I've been thinking about it all evening.

-----

P.S. I haven't ripped the CD yet, but KEXP featured a live version as their song of the day back in February - here's the link.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »