Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

matt pond PA

by John at 3/21/2006 02:27:00 PM

I heard about a band called matt pond PA on the internets this morning, and I checked out their website* on the internets, and then I downloaded some of their songs from the internets to my computer. Pretty good. In at least one of the songs, there was a cello or something like that. They remind me of The Shins, a little bit - just a little bit. I'm going to put them on my "to buy" list, along with (as you may recall) The Long Winters and Winterpills.

Update: While I'm talking about free music, I'll advise you to go visit Harvey Danger's website and download their whole album (free!), Little by Little. Harvey Danger, you may recall, was a one-hit-wonder with "Flagpole Sitta" back in the late nineties. Go ahead and try to hum it - I bet you can't. Anyway, despite their one-der status this album is plusgood and they have a consistently doubleplusgood sound.

-----

* You'll need Flash 6 or better, but you can get that somewhere on the internets.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »