Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

Perl?

by Amy, Bill, Guillermo and Alma at 10/07/2004 06:03:00 PM

OK...maybe I'm stretching here, but I was wondering if anyone on this blog is a Perl person. I'm trying to find a regular expression that will look for the numbers 60-72 (or any given string of numbers that I need, but are specific). I know NOTHING about Perl, so the closest I've gotten it [6x-7x] but this will find 6, 7 as well as 73-79. Please feel free to tell me I'm a geek...I've accepted it.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

Blogger Amy, Bill, Guillermo and Alma said at 7:22 PM

That expression I posted was wrong. I think it should be 6[0123456789]|7[012], except for the fact that this allows for any number that includes the bracketed numbers, so it would find 601234. I feel like I'm trying to learn Sanskrit!    



Blogger John said at 7:42 PM

I've never used Perl either. I did find this page. Maybe that will help. I think the part about matching exactly n times might be useful.    



Blogger Amy, Bill, Guillermo and Alma said at 8:57 PM

Perl-fect! Thanks! I'll check it out. This is new little puzzle for the day.    



» Post a Comment