Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

back in The States

by John at 2/20/2007 08:09:00 PM

I'm back from Puerto Rico. My college friends and I had a great time.

The only bad part was the beginning. Because of the winter storm we had Tuesday night to Wednesday morning, it took me eleven hours to fly from here to San Juan (normally, a less-than-four hour flight).

We boarded the plane a little late (9:30 am for a 9:30 am departure time) and then we sat on the tarmac for seven and a half hours waiting to get de-iced, with only one tiny bag of pretzels each and one glass of water. Luckily, I had packed a water bottle and two books, and with occasional calls to Wendy to let off some steam, I managed to stay sane and calm. Surprisingly, so did everyone else. A minute or two after 5 pm our plane was airborne and on the way to Puerto Rico. To compensate us for our discomfort, they gave us free headphones so we could listen to the inflight entertainment system, which was a nice touch and really made it all better.

I sort of got on the news - I had Wendy send an email to the local NBC station to report the resigned detention of hundreds of paying customers, and later that afternoon, a newswoman called me back to get the details of our imprisonment. She told my story on the air (very briefly), but didn't say my name.

Also, my camera broke the second day, so I only got a few pictures of the trip. I may post them up a little later. However, my friend Matt put his up on Shutterfly. Here's one of me riding a mechanical bull!



I only hurt myself a little bit.

Labels: ,

« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »