Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

what would liberals watch?

by John at 5/24/2005 08:44:00 AM

I finally watched "The Wickerman." Whew, that's an odd movie. Especially creepy was Count Dooku (or was it Saruman?) dancing around in a dress and black Keds. Keds? Whose idea was that? Also, the Seventies haircuts were pretty creepy, too, although I am seeing a sort of resurgence of them around here.

All the highschool guys working summer jobs at my local hardware store have them. What a motley group. I know I sound like an old-fogey, but damn it, pull up your chinos and tuck in your shirt properly! And if you're going to wear a tie, at least get the knot straight. Don't get me wrong, they're nice kids. Right away, they helped me find the right size bolt and a matching wingnut, and I was in and out of the store in three minutes. You don't get that kind of service at Lowe's or Home Depot, where the employees must undergo some sort of training that teaches them to never make eye contact and never offer help to anyone. Anyway, that's Fairfax Hardware, 2201 Concord Pike. Check 'em out - they don't carry everything, but unless you are building a house they probably have what you need.

Where was I? The film. Is anyone else going to watch it, or can Mark and I discuss it now?

Update: Is Haloscan acting flaky? There are at least two comments below even though the counter may not agree.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

» Post a Comment