Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

cool and spacy

by John at 9/23/2004 09:39:00 AM

When we were in LA, Wendy picked up a CD by Grandaddy called The Sophtware Slump. It is cool and spacy alt-pop that reminds me a bit of The Flaming Lips, only less psychedelic. I say check it out.

Also, I got Chutes Too Narrow by The Shins. I like it. It is bouncy - I haven't deciphered the lyrics yet, so it may not be as fun as it sounds. I always enjoy that kind of sneaky oppostion. Is Oh, Inverted World as good?

Finally, we got Medúlla, Björk's new album. Intense and innovative - maybe too innovative. The album is built on mostly human voices (I was going to say noises, but that's unfortunately limited to human beatbox, not armpit sounds or otherwise!). It's weird, sometimes scary, and not catchy, but I plan on listening to it again and again. Maybe it is like a tough novel - not easy to get into, but worth it in the long run.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

Blogger Bill said at 10:07 AM

Oh, Inverted World is definetly worth owning. Included for your computer viewing is a nice vieo for New Slang, which wil make you think you are 15 years old and watching 120 minutes.    



» Post a Comment