Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

Another movie to My List

by Yuris at 3/01/2006 12:56:00 PM

I was trying to find My List of favorite movies with the Search (this blog) utility but it could not find it, so... I'm kinda hoping you'll remember what I'm talking about: my list of favorite "reality challenging" movies. Anyhoo... I have a new one for the list: "November" (with Courtney Cox).

I saw it twice last week (its a short movie, by the way... a little over an hour long).
The first time I was intrigued by it and by the time it was over ("the third act"), and I realized what I had just witnessed... all I wanted to do was watch it again.
I did, two days later. And it was even better... this time around. Very good movie.

I don't want to say too much. I don't want to ruin it for you, but...
I have to warn you: its not an easy movie "to get". I'm not trying to be a smarty pants here, I say that because even many of the critics did not get it, and a lot of people don't either... but, fortunately many have come to appreciate it: if you look at the user ratings in IMDb, you see this clearly bimodal distribution: a big hump towards the high end of the scale (those of us who liked it!), and another hump towards the low end of the scale.

If you get a chance, check it out.
We can talk about it afterwards.


ps> I also watched "2046" but I'll have to watch it at least a couple of times more. I think it will eventually make My List too.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »