Goose the Blog 2.0

"Oh, ha! Sarcasm: The last refuge of sons of bitches!"

About my favorite movies

by Yuris at 3/17/2005 03:48:00 PM

I first must apologize for being so so quiet lately.

John sent me a note saying "I know you will have something to say about this topic". He's right.

I learned long ago (when I used to recommend movies left & right) that there are no Good movies, but there're movies I like. And within those, there is a special category that is my true favorite: movies that question or challenge the perception of reality. I'll give you a list of my favorite ones in no particular order: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Mullholland Drive, Jacob's Ladder, Waking Life, Adaptation, The Matrix, Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Dark City, Being John Malkovich, Memento, The Thirteenth Floor, Brazil, The Game, Twelve Monkeys, and (the last 2/3s of) A Beautiful Mind,... I can't think of others right now (John?).

Ok... I lied. Of that list, the first one...
The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
...is the one I like the most!

Meet me in Montauk.
« Home | Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »
| Previous »

Blogger John said at 4:43 PM

My favorite movie category too! I think ESotSM, Brazil, and Twelve Monkeys might be my favorites in this category. And Donnie Darko and maybe Dark City - it is so hard to choose.

Some others:
The Fisher King
Donnie Darko
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Time Bandits

and maybe:
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
(which is reality challenged in a meta-sense, although the film seems self-consistent)    



» Post a Comment